Monday, April 15, 2019

Killteam Objective Marker



Killteam Objective Marker




One of my favorite things about conversions is seeing models that tell a story. This is something that always impresses me about other people's works, and something that I am trying to incorporate into my projects. 

The best parts of 40k to me are the weird, strange and mystic aspects of the setting. I've always loved visualizing Astartes as these fanatical, dogmatic zealots, who would sacrifice immense resources to protect/retrieve holy relics and iconography. I wanted to tell a story of a Space Marine's final stand, the last of his squad. I've loved using this objective marker in games of killteam, as it's felt much more immersive and evocative than a simple token on the board.

A lot of the inspiration for this came from the Overwatch map Eichenwalde. In that map, teams fight for the throne room, in which the German Crusader hero Balderich's corpse lies in his power armor. I thought it was really cool to fight battles over holy relics/a hero's armor etc. Go watch the cinematic short "Honor and Glory". 

I will probably do another iteration of this piece in the future, perhaps a primaris sitting on a throne. Also, if I did it again, I would set the cool colored power armor over warm colored stone, and then set that around cool toned rubble. As it sits, the cool power armor is directly on cool stone. 

-Nebulous 

No comments:

Post a Comment

T O W E R D U N G E O N

Click Here  For Hack I read a manga. I'm not a manga head, but this one was linked in the OSR server and I took a peak. After reading, I...